contact Stan & Patty
beginner T'ai Chi classes
Squirrel Hill / Church of The Redeemer
> 5700 Forbes Ave., PGH 15217
Regent Square / Wilkins School Community Center
> 7604 Charleston Ave @ S.Braddock Ave, PGH 15218
Mt. Washington / Chatham Village
> 655 Pennridge Rd., PGH 15211
Carnegie / Andrew Carnegie Free Library & Music Hall
> 300 Beechwood Ave., Carnegie 15106
South Hills / Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
> 1700 Bower Hill Rd., PGH 15243
Stan Swartz has studied T’ai Chi Ch’uan since 1973 with four senior students of Grand Master Cheng Man-Ch'ing: Robert W. Smith, Patrick Watson, Tam Gibbs, and Benjamin Pang Jeng Lo.
Stan has taught in New York City, Florida, Europe and Puerto Rico. In 1982 he returned to Pittsburgh, offering beginning thru advanced level classes.
Stan’s teaching experience includes:
* credit & non-credit classes at local universities
* wellness programs / workshops / retreats
* classes for rehab patients at local hospitals
* classes for seniors (50+) OSHER Lifelong Learning Institute,
offered thru the University of Pittsburgh
Patty Swartz has been studying T'ai Chi Chuan with Stan since 1988 and participating in workshops with Benjamin Pang Jeng Lo.
Patty teaches the Eight Methods* of T'ai Chi for beginning students, T’ai Chi Form Classes, private classes for students with physical limitations.
* The Eight Methods are eight simple movements derived from the more complex T'ai Chi form. Originally designed for seniors and those with physical limitations, they provide a valuable introduction to the T'ai Chi principles. Even advanced students can benefit from these simple but challenging movements.